Wednesday 31 March 2010

Patient Priest: Kamikaze hunter

Before dinging level 30 I decided to finish off the quests I have left in the dungeons at my level before I level up and I'm forced to move on.

I join a group for the Stockade. For the first time, I find myself in a group with a good druid tank! Everything goes well, despite some trigger happy dps, and the tank gets very confident towards the end, pushing on fast enough for me to get worried. At one point I'm surprised by the tank taking a ton of damage and getting close to death, despite me giving him lots of heals, only to realise that I don't have the tank selected as my target and I'm actually spamming heals onto myself. However, I manage to keep everyone up and it all ends happily with me completing all my quests and getting to level 30!

My record at level 30 is 7 dungeons complete, 5 deaths but only 1 wipe.

I decide that I should try to get people chatting more to try and make it more sociable. Too many people seem intent on rushing through and reaching maximum level. If I start chatting though, people might just continue on without waiting for me, and I'll end up behind and making mistakes.

More after the break...



I sign up for a few random dungeons and I get put into Scarlet Monastery: Graveyard three times in a row - obviously this must be the ideal dungeon for a level 30. All 3 runs went very well apart from 2 slight hiccups. I unfortunately let one of my party members die when things got a little messy and I was too busy focussing on the tank. By the time I realised that the poor guy was under fire he was too far away and I couldn't save him.

In another group we had a rather annoying hunter. We was rushing and starting attacking stuff while the tank was still sitting at the entrance getting ready. The hunter of course couldn't keep aggro while I was healing all the dps, trying to keep them alive, and I suddenly had a load of angry mobs coming running at me and kill me. The dps went down too but the paladin tank survived so I'm not gonna call this a wipe. The tank firmly told the dps not to pull before he was ready or he was going to leave. I should have followed his lead and sat with him at the entrance before he was ready to start instead of trying to save the kamikaze dps. The rest of the instance went well, despite the hunter's best efforts to get us killed on every group (he got told off for ninja pulling then feigning death, leaving us to deal with the mess). I won some nice shoulder armor off the final boss. I again couldn't teleport out because the hunter had run off and found something else to try and kill. I was wiser this time, so despite the hunter's cry of "help me!" I used my hearthstone to get out of there, leaving the hunter to die...

No comments:

Post a Comment